Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

No Man's Sky NEXT
vix
 Posted on: Aug 8 2018, 12:19 AM

[b][color=#0060ff]Run You Clever Boy and Remember...[/color][/b]
Favorite Cousin: Ichigo

Currently Playing: No Man's Sky even though I have a huge backlog...and...

The new thing is you will never start a new game on a nice planet. You will always get a hazard planet. It's acts as a tutorial in a way. How to survive, how to get off the planet, etc. My restart planet I think was acidic. And I just spotted your edit but I'm gonna leave this here anyways. https://files.jcink.net/uploads/katamariontheweb/emoticons/lol.gif

On a side, I landed on a completely lifeless moon with nothing on it except for psychotic sentinels. They went nuts with me just standing there. I did end up building a base there though for a Nada/Polo quest. And it also had tons of gravitino balls so that was sort of worth it. Grab one though and get an instant three star rating. But they were selling for a decent amount.

Can I offer you a tip, perhaps you haven't heard about it...so I'll spoiler it...it's not too spoilery, the tip, but just in case you don't want to know...

be careful...
PMEmailWebsite
Quote ^
Crowbar
 Posted on: Aug 11 2018, 04:05 AM

Kyun from Zeta!
Favorite Cousin: Kyun

Currently Playing: Agents of Mayhem, Pokemon Red, Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition, Katamari Forever, and Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep

Yea i learned that one that hard way but thankfully i was far enough away that the monstrosities didn't get me, damn whispering eggs! Though i super duper love that the creepy goopy stuff actually means something now!

So far i adore pretty much all the changes. I finally was able to kick some ass in space ship fights with the camera in third person and it felt amazing!

So my Starting system was a Vy'Keen one, and i left a base and a teleporter on this sweet ass humid plaent that i just loved the look of, eventually i warp jumped to a gek system.

The story really wanted me to just power through that one but i spent the extra time to explore all the planets and set myself up another base with a teleporter on a really cool and peaceful moon, and i finally managed to nab all the life forms on a planet in that system.

Remembered that I had the Pre-order ship so i loaded that in, in place of my starter ship. I told it to just add the ship to my collection but it seems very much like it deleted my old on caue i have no way to call the old one back now. Maybe you need a freighter before you can have more than one ship? i dunno.

I eventually felt like i had explored enough and jumped for the second time.

Now i'm in a Korvax system, it only has 2 planets, one of them is super hot and just a real pain to be on (everything looks the same)

The other one is interesting. it counts as "extreme" but the only real problem it has is that the sentinels are perma-hostile, kinda like how you described. This is how i learned that sentinels are not that scary till wave 4 XD

So basically its a farily nice planet, tons and tons of knowledge stones which is super helpful for farming Korvax words, and then there are Gravino balls EVERYWHERE. So im currently farming money and the extreme survival trophies there, i just kinda run around, grab words and balls, kill the floating sentinels, and then run away from the little dog looking one that spawn with them at level 3, it doesn't take much to get away from them even on foot. Then i make a drop off at the space station and it's usually around half a million credits per inventory (a lot of my suit inventory is full of the important materials)

I've had good luck finding some drop pods, and i've been making sure to unlock cargo slots when i do cause they're so much more expensive in the space stations. Nabbed a sweet multi tool for free from i Vykeen warrior as well.

I can finally take quests from teh space stations, but i havent finished any of them yet. The story wants me to find some sort of anomally space station but i think im gonna have to warp jump again to find it.

So who / what is this Nada/Polo person you keep talking about?

but yea, long story short im super loving it so far.

Oh one funny thing, i have the plasma blaster upgrade on my multi-tool. and i shot it at one of the dog-sentinels yesterday (its almost a 1-shot kill) but i managed to hit a weird plant and it arced up into the air and backwards...then landed on my head and i died XD

thankfully i had literally JUST saved less than a minute before so i didn't lose anything =)
PMEmail
Quote ^
vix
 Posted on: Aug 11 2018, 11:25 PM

[b][color=#0060ff]Run You Clever Boy and Remember...[/color][/b]
Favorite Cousin: Ichigo

Currently Playing: No Man's Sky even though I have a huge backlog...and...

If I remember right, for the anomaly...if you have the selected as your quest and go into space and do a scan...I think something should happen. I don't think you need to jump to have it happen. But if you scan and it doesn't happen, you'll know what it is when you see it, I don't want to spoil it. Sounds like you didn't play the update with Nada/Polo. Right so if you scan and it doesn't happen, then yeah, go to another system and scan as soon as you get there. Man, could that be any more vague and confusing? https://files.jcink.net/uploads/katamariontheweb/emoticons/lol.gif

I've found buying the exosuit upgrades at the space stations so much easier than the drop pods. The drop pods use so much resources to fix. Those larval cores from the whispering eggs are a great way to profit. You can build four walls around each grouping, shoot one, hop in, grab it and shoot the rest safely. http://b1.ifrm.com/7060/16/0/e5004908//e5004908.gif https://files.jcink.net/uploads/katamariontheweb/emoticons/lol.gif

I carry a save point in my exosuit but always forget to plop it down and use it. Probably just wasting a slot that way.
PMEmailWebsite
Quote ^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

This page has been viewed times.
This version of KotW was created on May 9th, 2018.