Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Welcome to the Newest Era of KotW
vix
 Posted on: Jun 5 2018, 02:05 AM

[b][color=#0060ff]Run You Clever Boy and Remember...[/color][/b]
Favorite Cousin: Ichigo

Currently Playing: No Man's Sky even though I have a huge backlog...and...

user posted image

After our exodus from zetatalk/tapazeta, here were are in our new home. A home that hopefully will be our forever home. It's gonna suck starting over but it's better than what we were faced with.

I'm going to use this topic as a sort of FAQ on how to use the new forum software. This will be updated as necessary.

Note: the board is still being rebuilt so things may not work quite right. This whole thing has been a nightmare. As I don't have a test board set up...since I was testing everything here before I opened it....if anything is broken, please post here or make a new topic in this forum! We're all in this together from the beginning basically. We're all relearning this stuff.

1. Due to us starting over completely from scratch, all of the console games have been combined into one forum. The same goes with the hall of fame. Why have six sets of empty forums that may never get any posts in them. All six games are now in Console Katamari. I was going to name the forum Consolidated Console Katamari but decided against that. https://files.jcink.net/uploads/katamariontheweb/emoticons/lol.gif

2. I will no longer be running scoreboards for any of the old console games. Due to us having our exodus, we have lost nearly all of those members and it doesn't make sense to run something that in and of itself no longer makes sense. They are currently archived in the consolidated Hall of Fame section.

3. This forum software doesn't have the same bbcode as ZB did. Some of it I had to add in myself which makes it work weird. Only the codes listed before now work weird. If you use any of the below codes, if you click the button, the code will appear at the end of your message. You can't highlight text and place the code around it. Annoying yet, but these codes aren't really hard to use in the first place.

--- YouTube

With the youtube code, you can either post the entire link in the code: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhKMDjfToEc OR just the bit after the equal sign: EhKMDjfToEc

--- Sup
This code does this.

--- Sub
This code does this.

--- HR
HR is the dividing line:

It's best to just type...
CODE
[hr]

...to use it.

--- S
This code does this.

--- Highlight
This code does this.
This code does this.

CODE
This code does [highlight=red]this[/highlight].
This code does [highlight=#0060ff]this[/highlight].

--- Border
This code does this.
This code does this.

CODE
This code does [border=red]this[/border].
This code does [border=#0060ff]this[/border].

There are also table codes but I've kept those buttons hidden as I think in all the years on zeta, I was ever the only one to use the table code. And the way they are set up now, it's extremely confusing and no longer simple to use like it was on zeta.

4. Bump merge (double posting) does not work the same was as it did on zeta. When you double post in a topic, it will not add the HR line to distinguish a break between the original post and the new post. You can do that yourself if you'd like. If not, just know that people may not know what was added to the post.

5. The Cousin Rank can now be achieved through post count. Those that are Cousins to start with are those members that replied to the first mass e-mail I sent out about the whole fiasco/debacle/demise of zeta and asked to be pre-registered. The Legacy Rank is for those that were active on zeta who requested a pre-register.

6. Reputation System Decided against using mostly because I can't figure it out. https://files.jcink.net/uploads/katamariontheweb/emoticons/lol.gif unless you guys want me to figure it out.

7. User Created Media Galleries
Still working on

8. Profiles
The custom profile fields are also wonky. If you don't fill anything in, they just act as blank spaces. The fields with an option, like favorite cousin, display and N/A until changed. https://files.jcink.net/uploads/katamariontheweb/emoticons/dead.gif

9. Friend System
You can friend people and comment on profiles now. Each user can set their own settings for comments in their profile.

10. CotW screen captures unfortunately have not captured anything hidden behind spoiler tags. What we have is better than nothing and most definitely far from perfect but at least CotW was nearly 100% preserved. Edit: All 555 cotw's have been reposted to the board.

11. Edit/Full Edit
There are two ways to edit a post. There's Edit which is a sort of quick edit and then the obvious full edit with all code buttons, smiley list, etc.

12. Legacy Posts
These posts are topics carried over from the zeta era, restarted by the Curator.

13. The only themes up now are Retro, Kyun, and Kuro. More will be added as things get settled.

14. Smilies are in a really funky order. I can't reorder them so, yeah. It sucks but yeah. I guess. I probably could if I deleted them all and then readded them all again but ugh...seriously ugh. Maybe at a later date when things are settled for me.

15. Banner Randomizer
I think I'm going to trim it down some. I think I'm only going to use the cousin face banners.

16. Seasonal Banners
Probably going to eliminate them and put them in a topic acting as a gallery.

17. The lovely little icons on a forum page, the blue faces, red faces, green faces, etc., were made by Katach314.

18. The PM System
Ummm....

19. Avatar Galleries
I didn't add them all back in, if there is one you wanted added back in let me know!

20. Avatars
If you don't use one from a gallery, you have to put the dimensions in otherwise it will stretch it to be 150x150.

21. Databases
...are done except for those below...

As of right now, these topics weren't transferred over:
KD - Katamari Pictures
Reason: Photobucket...if someone can replace the images elsewhere, I can add the topic back in.

WLK - Katamari Pictures
Reason: Photobucket...if someone can replace the images elsewhere, I can add the topic back in.

MMK - Katamari Pictures

22. The site has a mobile version when you visit through a mobile device, you don't have to use but it defaults to that.

24. Should members/groups be allowed to bump other people's topics?

23. Tagging. You can tag members by doing the @ and then the name and you’ll get notified at the top of the board where it says alerts that you’ve been tagged. Let’s see if this works. Example: @Moonjake @Curry5Damacy @Junglekun

24. ?
PMEmailWebsite
Quote ^
slowbro
 Posted on: Jun 30 2018, 10:13 PM

Royalty
Favorite Cousin: Kenta

Currently Playing: mobile stuff, lol

I think the choices of what forums to have here are good ones. It’s sad to see no console katamari threads yet https://files.jcink.net/uploads/katamariontheweb/emoticons/crybaby.gif https://files.jcink.net/uploads/katamariontheweb/emoticons/lol.gif but at least there aren’t twelve empty console katamari forums.

The mobile version is pretty slick though it doesn’t show everything. I will probably switch back and forth a bit for now, between mobile and desktop versions, which is easy to do.
PMEmailWebsite
Quote ^
vix
 Posted on: Jul 3 2018, 02:47 PM

Keep an eye on this topic, I’m constantly editing and adding things in.
PMEmailWebsite
Quote ^
Curry5Damacy
 Posted on: Jul 3 2018, 03:07 PM

Katamari Damacy estas plej bona!
Favorite Cousin: Ace

Currently Playing: We ♥ Katamari, Noby Noby Boy, Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f

It works! https://files.jcink.net/uploads/katamariontheweb/emoticons/rock.gif
PMEmail
Quote ^
vix
 Posted on: Jul 3 2018, 04:21 PM

Awesome. Another thing to point out is that those little blue and orange squares will take you to the first new post in a thread. I think they should be something else, something katamari related but I'm not sure what. Any suggestions?
PMEmailWebsite
Quote ^
Curry5Damacy
 Posted on: Jul 3 2018, 10:00 PM

I came up with a basic idea for the squares: A blue katamari and an orange katamari.
I might come up with something better later.
PMEmail
Quote ^
vix
 Posted on: Jul 3 2018, 10:37 PM

Depends on how big they are....and they don't have to be the same colors, they can be anything we want.

Our typical board theme though seems to be is blue is for normal topics and red tend to be for the hot topics. I think that's why some are blue and some are orange. I think they should be a bit bigger than what we have now though.

We'll figure it out.
PMEmailWebsite
Quote ^
Fury_Bahamut
 Posted on: Jul 5 2018, 06:56 AM

Katamari Lurker
Favorite Cousin: Twinkle

Currently Playing: FFXIV

Hi there

Do you have some sort of introduction Topic?
Well anyway it's me again, although i wasn't really active in the old forum i still at least reregister here. It was Thanks to that forum i found a lot of help to get the platinum Trophy on Katamari Forever on the PS3.

I still need to get the last gold trophy on touch my katamari but wasn't to mitvated to to hours of changing dates on my ps vita... Must have been a genius whoever thought that gathering 70.000 candies would be fun...

Anyway hello again https://files.jcink.net/uploads/katamariontheweb/emoticons/smile.gif

This post has been edited by Fury_Bahamut: Jul 5 2018, 06:57 AM
PM
Quote ^
vix
 Posted on: Jul 5 2018, 01:02 PM

@fury_bahamut yes we do: https://katamariontheweb.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=35 and welcome back.
PMEmailWebsite
Quote ^
vix
 Posted on: Jul 6 2018, 03:13 AM

Cousin of the Week is now up and running on here to those it's available to. https://files.jcink.net/uploads/katamariontheweb/emoticons/china.gif
PMEmailWebsite
Quote ^
Netkeeper
 Posted on: Jul 6 2018, 11:21 PM

Stardust
Favorite Cousin: N/A

Currently Playing: Detroit: Become Human

QUOTE (vix @ Jun 5 2018, 12:05 AM)
As of right now, these topics weren't transferred over:
KD - Katamari Pictures

WLK - Katamari Pictures

MMK - Katamari Pictures

If the problem is inability to see the images because of Photobucket screwing everyone over, you can view the images again with this add-on [there's a link to the chrome version in there too] so you can re-save them. If you need somewhere else to host them, I've found postimage to be pretty reliable. Imgur has been known to block Jcink boards from linking to its files, but postimage advertises that it's for forum use.

Hope this helps.
PM
Quote ^
vix
 Posted on: Jul 6 2018, 11:57 PM

I have an add-on that let's me see them. I have one that let me download my personal pb albums too. I'll look into seeing if I can resave the images down the line. I think the only reason I didn't do that was because I wanted to focus on getting everything up before doing something like that. I'm hoping to get to it at some point.

-----

There also seems to be an issue with our custom profile fields that I'm trying to get help with.
PMEmailWebsite
Quote ^
Curry5Damacy
 Posted on: Jul 7 2018, 07:02 AM

QUOTE (Fury_Bahamut @ Jul 5 2018, 02:56 AM)

I still need to get the last gold trophy on touch my katamari but wasn't to mitvated to to hours of changing dates on my ps vita... Must have been a genius whoever thought that gathering 70.000 candies would be fun...

You can replay levels that you're good at that give you a lot of candy with or without the tickets. That's what I did along with changing the date on my vita. Of course, when you're finished, there isn't much left to do, so you might begin to feel empty inside. https://files.jcink.net/uploads/katamariontheweb/emoticons/cold.gif
PMEmail
Quote ^
vix
 Posted on: Jul 7 2018, 11:13 PM

What about something like this (but not necessarily these colors, but colors to go along with each theme) to replace the little blue and orange squares?

Go To Last
user posted image

Go To New
user posted image

Or would that be slightly obnoxious to see on the index? I kind of thought it might look like the little guy is pushing the topic along...

user posted image

If they do get used, I have to make a space between the edge and the words.

It's hard to come up with something katamari-like that still has detail that small.
PMEmailWebsite
Quote ^
Curry5Damacy
 Posted on: Jul 8 2018, 02:42 PM

Those are so cute! That is a great idea for replacing the little squares https://files.jcink.net/uploads/katamariontheweb/emoticons/pu.gif
PMEmail
Quote ^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll

This page has been viewed times.
This version of KotW was created on May 9th, 2018.